Software projects that may qualify for R&D tax relief include:
- software code changes to implement an enterprise software application;
- tools to extend the functionality of software / operating system;
- extensions to database software, programming languages, or operating systems;
- creation of software programming interfaces, tools, SDK’s or API’s;
- innovative methods of capturing, transmitting, manipulating, and protecting data;
- means of integrating hardware and software platforms, or;
- complex algorithms, methodologies, computation or analytics.